Thursday, November 22, 2012

Off Topic: Some More Spider Friends

Took these pictures towards the end of fall. I'm not sure what type of spider this is, but you have to admit it is pretty:



Then we had another Orb Weaver, caught her hiding during the day, then it was real hard to try and get a picture of her later once she was on the move trying to build her web for the night:



While I was out there I took some picture of some other insects. It's amazing how much you can see if you just take the time to really look around you.

Is it a cricket?

I have no idea

And another.......BONUS SLUG:


That's probably the last of the cool spiders for the year. The influx of cellar spiders into the apartment as the temperature outside drops will be all I see for months to come.

2 comments:

  1. Cool insect snaps Melody! Spiders look amazing esp. that first one? That looks like a cricket to me too, & I have no idea what the other one is either, lol, kinda cool looking though. The grey slugs we have here aren't as pretty as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ngeun! Really no colorful slugs? I usually don't notice them as they are mostly brown, but we have these yellow ones and bright orange ones that are kind of pretty too.

      Delete